How-to: Create Quick Responses for Messages on iOS
There are many cool things you can do with keyboard shortcuts on your iOS device. You can change the shortcuts such as ‘lol’ to something more personal and engaging. You can even use iCloud to sync your edited and new shortcuts to all your devices.
Did you know you can also use keyboard shortcuts to create quick responses to messages? It’s as simple as creating new shortcuts for the keyboard. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to make things easier:
- On your iOS device, launch the Settings menu and then choose the General tab.
- Tap the Keyboard button and choose the Shortcuts tab at the bottom.
- You should see a list of all keyboard shortcuts you currently have on your device. Tap the ‘+’ sign at the upper right corner.
- Type in your Quick Response in the Phrase field. Your Quick Response can be a message that you send people often, such as “I’m on my way there. See you in a while and take care.”
- Once you’ve finished typing your message in the Phrase field, type in a shortcut in the field provided. This shortcut, when typed into the message field, will automatically access the quick response in the Phrase field. A great shortcut for the message above would be ‘omw’ (on my way).
- Make sure to tap the Save button in the upper right corner of the screen to save your shortcut.
There you have it! Now whenever you have to send your quick response, all you have to do is to type in the shortcut in the message field for any text or email. That should make responding to messages at least twice as easy.
We here at Macmall are always willing to help you out. You can count on macmall.com for the best online deals on a stunning selection of computers and gadgets, and you can always visit our retail stores for expert advice and repair for your Apple devices.
Image: Cult of Mac