iCloud tips: How to Recover your Lost iPhone Contacts
There are some days when luck doesn’t seem to be on our side of the fence. Unfortunately, your iPhone may have its own lapses as well. Some users report sudden loss of their contacts, mostly because of reasons ranging from new OS upgrades, jailbreaking, iPhone reset, auto restart, or and some unknown cause. Yes, it happens.
But what do you do when it happens? You could go through the tedious process of asking for your friends’ numbers one by one, – or if you instinctively backed up your iPhone data through iCloud, you can recover all your contacts in a few easy steps.
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Login with your Apple ID if needed.
- If your “Contacts” switch is ON, toggle it OFF, then ON again.
- A pop-up window will appear;, tap “Merge”.
- Open your Contacts app.
- Tap the Refresh icon aAt the upper left corner of the screen., and tap the Refresh icon.
- If you’ve previously backed up all your contacts on iCloud, most, if not all, of your contacts, would will have been recovered already.
If you have done gone through the tiresome task of getting each of your friends’ numbers yourself and you do not want to do it again, make sure to you can prevent the same thing happening all over again by syncing your contacts (as well as other data from others apps) into iCloud. Just follow the same steps to make contact recovery more convenient.
and the chance of this repeating itself is less probable.
Having other problems with your iPhone and other Apple devices? You can always visit MacMall retail stores at Chicago, Santa Monica, Torrance and Huntington Beach and let our Apple-credited experts take a look at itat your device. You can also Visit macmall.com to avail get daily deals on Apple products.