tvOS update for Apple TV revealed
Among the myriad of things that were revealed on the #AppleEvent is that an update on the Apple TV’s tvOS has been made available starting today. Here are some new wrinkles:
- One can already use Siri Remote to dictate the text needed for search queries, usernames, and passwords. Just press and hold the microphone button on the Siri Remote, then say the phrase that you are going to search for. In the case of passwords, one just needs to dictate the character. If that specific character is in upper case, just say “capital” before the character in question. Using dictation this way improves the text input process without the need to have to toggle through different items or use channels.
- Siri can now also be used to search or launch apps on the tvOS. Just press and hold the microphone button on the Siri Remote, then say the specific command.
- The latest tvOS update also modified how users can scrub through video. One has to pause it first (which can be done via the Siri Remote’s Touch Surface), before scrubbing.
- tvOS is now enabled to group apps together in folders. Creating folders is simple. First select an app, and then drag it over to another app that you are planning to group with. A text field will appear above the folder for naming purposes.
- The Photos app on tvOS now supports iCloud Photo Library as well as Live Photos.
- Apple TV now also allows users to pair Bluetooth keyboards. It also brings back the Conference Room Display mode that is handy for presentations.
- Those who want to know what is in the latest release or update can do so now, as they inserted a What’s New section with the System section of the Settings channel.