5 Fun Gadget Facts that AREN’T Jokes
April Fool’s Day is right around the corner. Here at MacMall, we definitely like to have fun, but don’t worry, we won’t prank you. In fact, we’ve put together a list of interesting, strange and downright zany facts about some of your favorite tech gadgets that may SEEM unbelievable, but are totally true:
- The most expensive part on an iPod Touch? The touchscreen, which costs $35. Guess that’s why “touch” made its way into the name!
- Angry Birds is the most popular iPad app – even over Facebook!
- The Mac Mini and the MacBook Pro are pretty much exactly the same – the Mini is just the desktop version.
- The term “Bluetooth” is derived from a 10th century Danish King, Harold Blatand Gormsson. He loved blueberries so much that his teeth were permanently stained blue. Harold ended up bringing disparate Nordic tribes together under one ruler, much as a Bluetooth device connects disparate devices. The Bluetooth symbol? Yeah, it’s Nordic runes of his initials.
- The Apple TV is the most popular internet-connected set top box on the market, with 32% market share. Is that enough ammo for Apple to develop the iTV? We’ll have to wait and find out!
So take these quick facts and impress dinner guests or coworkers. Or, just start thinking about your April Fool’s pranks – we bet you’ve got some good ones planned!
Have any fun facts of your own? Share them in the comments!